Wednesday

Gems & Minerals


Cullen Hall houses the world's finest collection of gem and minerals. B-E-A-U-ti-ful! I forgot the names so you might want to check this website http://www.gimizu.de/sgmcol/
As I gazed upon the many beautiful stones and gems, I thought about that scripture in Malachi 3:17 where the Lord says,

"They shall be Mine," says the LORD of hosts,
On the day that I make them My jewels.

Another one that came to mind is found in Isaiah 54:11,

O you afflicted one,
Tossed with tempest, and not comforted,
Behold, I will lay your stones with colorful gems,
And lay your foundations with sapphires.
Do you know that these precious stones go through a period of development and forming deep within the earth, where they experience intense pressure, heat and friction. And yet look at their beauty that is produced.

We are like that to God. He looks at each of us as his precious treasures. Sometimes we have to be refined and go through the fires of tribulation to burn off the impurities and become the beautiful gems that can shine and give Him glory.

Yes, touring this museum was a vivid reminder to me of how my God cares for me and is making me into a vessel of honor for His glory.